Welcome to the wonderful world of virtual dodos! In the following guide we have a few hints and recommendations for the use and care of your .:oYo:. Dodo.
- Dodo's grow to mature within 5 days.
- Dodo's can breed from 5 to 120 days old.
- A Dodo's pregnancy lasts for 5 days after which a bundle will be sent to you. This must be rezzed next to the mother but can then be stored in your inventory. Bundles do not need to be birthed.
- When rezzed your dodo can be configured to walk around in a defined range
around its home position
- The owner can change the most important commands and settings with a menu
- Follow mode: your dodo is following your avatar
- Sound can be switched on/off
- The dodo can talk. Switch on/off with the menu.
- Mature dodos can be attached to ride (with the "normal" speed of your avatar.
- Food consumption: one unit per hour
- At 120 days old your Dodo will retire and can be kept as a pet with no need for food.
Food, Medicine and Starfruit
Please visit one of our .:oYo:. shops to purchase a stock of food, medicine and starfruit.
- Food consumption: one unit per hour per dodo.
- To increase the fevor of the dodo, 100 units of starfruit is required
- If your dodo is becoming ill, medicine is required
If your dodo is absent (i.e. asleep in your inventory), the consumed food units are subtracted when it is rezzed again (to a min. of 3 units). Very long absence can affect the health of your dodo!
When you rez the dodos from a starter egg they will take 5 days to grow until they are mature, and 2 more days (with support of starfruit) to increase their fevor and make them mate.
After a 5 days pregnancy your dodo will produce a new egg, which is delivered to your inventory.
Rez the egg near the mother and it should retrieve the configuration of the new dodo. If you then click "Birth" from the menu, your new dodo is rezzed and configured.